In my debut post I explain that I was inpsired to start blogging by finding an old friend's blog. I loved being able to catch up & keep up with her family life.
My first month of posting was all about family life with a smidge of photography thrown in. There were only six posts total.
And then the unexpected happened, I found an entire online community that shared my passion for scrapbooking, photography & memory keeping. My posts became more frequent but less about my family and more about my crafts.
I've come to realize that I'm back to posting less frequently, more about my family and less about my crafts.
I feel the need to apologize to you for the drop in content that I assume is bringing you here.
But how does one apologize for life's evolution? Maybe you don't say sorry but instead honor life by recognizing the change.
Right now I am head over heals in love with my new family of four. The adjustment to life with a newborn is consuming all my energy, focus & devotion. I love every minute of it.
Layered into that is the fact that for the first time ever I've been able to spend the summer at home with Garrett. I love being home with my boys. I am fortunate to have two more months at home before I head back to work.
However, lately I've been overwhelmed by all the extras in my life and I've begun to view them as requirements which is not a good sign. So, the last few weeks I've taken a step back to evaluate my priorities and realign time spent with my priorities.
I have entertained the thought of ending the blog in order to release this sense of obligation that is hanging over my head and use all my (limited) free time to create. But I just can't. I love this blog. I love recording my family's life for my reference. I love connecting with old friends & discovering new ones.
So, what I've decided to do is simplify.
1) Much of the sidebar content will either be added to a page, which you can access via the tabs under the header, or will be deleted. I do this so there will be more room to breathe on the blog. I'll be moving this content in bits so there may be an "under construction" look for awhile.
2) I'm thinking of adding one regularly scheduled post a week that reflects where I'm spending my time as a creative. Right now, I am gathering inspiration. I spend most of my time as a consumer of ideas & would love to share my finds with you.
3) My everyday posts will likely be minimal and all about my boys. I wear a bracelet everyday that says "I live and love with my whole heart" on the outside and on the inside says "I choose authenticity" as a reminder to work towards an authentic life everyday. In that spirit I share this.
When we were only three we had found a rhythm & I had found the energy to be able to have a robust creative & blogging life alongside my career, marriage and motherhood. We all won. However, as four our rhythm has changed and my boys need more of me. This piece of my world must reflect that or I am not being true to myself.
4) I still plan on being a creative, my soul needs it. I am a better mama when I feed my soul this way. So, I will still be spending time with my passions. I adore both Ella Publishing & Big Picture Scrapbooking (Library of Memories) and will spend some of my creative time on these happy committments. Also, I'm not sure I've shared this but I am the historian for the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild and I'm about to ramp up my blogging there. So there will be craftiness from those endeavours that I will always share here!
5) I want to get back to photography. I just signed up for Elisha Snow's class at Big Picture Scrapbooking to reacqaint myself with my camera. I'm sure I'll be sharing more of that as I turn more focus to capturing the world around me through the lens.
I want to say thank you all for coming, reading, commenting and being apart of my life. I hope that you continue to do so. As my life evolves so will this blog so that it is a true reflection of me.
Also, if you are reading in a feed burner you will now be able to see the full post and not have to come to the blog. This is my preference in reading so my blog will follow suit.
Here are a few shots from our Thursday. The boys & I had a fun day at the circus and a not so fun visit at the doctor for Owen's 2 month checkup.
Have a beautiful weekend!