Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Debut

So, all the bells and whistles are not finished but here I am ready to blog. I suppose it is only appropriate to begin this way, as close to my reality as possible. My reality in part, if you don't already know or haven't guessed, are projects in progress! Which reminds me, I'm going to add a list of what's on my nightstand. If that isn't a testimony to projects in progess I'm not sure what is.

You may be asking yourself, "What is this?" I will start by admitting that I am awful at keeping in touch. I think this sums up how bad... When we moved back to Texas, I was super industrious and designed an address change card that was adorable. But, you wouldn't know that because they are still in my closet, waiting to be mailed. You ask "Why didn't you mail them?" Well, I didn't have all my address in one place and felt as though I needed to complete the address book project before I could complete the address change project. Do you see what I mean about projects in progess being one of my defining traits?

Flashforward a year and a half, I am inspired by an old friend when I stumbled on her blog via a google search. You see, I was googling her because I had lost track of her along the way and wanted to reconnect. This is how my new blog obsession was born. I have not branched out of the scrappin blogs yet but I'm sure I will soon.

So the bottom line is that I'm tired of losing the details of friendship due to busy jobs, miles between us and the general chaos of life. So, here is my attempt to reconnect. I know that this is all about us and it doesn't give me the all about you but I'm hoping this acts as a catalyst.

Here I go......

For Christmas Mitch signed me up for a Photography class at the Creative Arts Center of Dallas; isn't that a thoughtful gift! The class has forced me to venture beyond the green button on my camera and actually shoot in AV mode. This also means that I have bouts of frustration where I think I got the shot but then realize, I'm still learning to shoot in AV mode. The class also has me using my reference book and learning how to use Photoshop Elements 5.

I am in week 6 of the 8 week class and our assignment this week was a Photo Essay limited to 12 pictures. Here it is for our world to see; warning there is sound to this. The adorable leading lady is my friends daughter who is 3 months younger than Garrett. I'm not crazy about the closing shot but the assignment needed an ending and this was the best hug picture I could get.



I'm supposed to go on a field trip tonight to practice night photography in Dallas' West End but I'm having second thoughts as I remember shivering into work today. We'll see if I decide to brave the 40's in the name of photography.

So, those of you who haven't heard how an onion sent me to the podiatrist stay tuned. I hope you enjoy.......

Lovemon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to without filters as a life motto!!
(My version is the Wizard of Oz - I decided a few years ago that trying to work myself crazy to be the big image is WAY to hard on the one behind the curtain. What you see is what you get.) Funny how God can use all our cracks, flaws and weaknesses to show how well HE holds us together....
Lisa P

Christi said...

It is good hearing from you!! I like your photo essay. Cute little girl - and is that Garrett too - he's adorable!!