Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Call for Help Answered

You guys ROCK!!

According to StatCounter there were 93 unique visitors to this little blog yesterday and 33 of you guys left comments! WOW to say that exceeded my expecations seems insignificant. To be completely honest, I threw in the book in hopes of getting 5 to 10 comments :) And if I'm really going to be without filters my immediate family and closest friends received personal requests to come look at the pictures. Thanks guys for taking time out of your crazy busy lives to humor me :) Loved the call I got about how do I vote......

Also, thank you to all my Big Picture Scrapbooking classmates for responding to my post and coming to check this out :) I know I keep saying this but it really is such a special community of women and SO MUCH MORE than just scrapbooking. Thanks StacyJ, Paula & Kayce for creating this fantastic place. You guys do a great job.

Can you tell I was sincerely overwhelmed by the response? Cannot tell you how cool this was for me without sounding like an acceptance speech. Hilarious, I feel like an aspiring actor in front of the mirror :) With that I'm going to stop.

The Last Lecture winner is comment #15 courtesy of Random.Org



Lori send me your address or the address of someone you want to gift and I'll have it on its way. Interestingly enough, all of Lori's picks made the cut!

The Bethancourts said...
I like a lot of them but 4, 9, 11, 12, 13 are my faves for an "everyday life" theme. Good luck!
August 5, 2008 12:51 PM

Because the numbers were close I decided to submit anything with more than 10 votes which got me to 7 entries. I also had to add in one of my absolute favorites because it truly is MY everyday which got me to 8. I have no idea if this is a high or low number in the submission world but I'm going with it. Considering I started with 50 that is pretty good for me!

#1 with 25 votes - Preparing Dinner
My husband is the cook. This shot came to be because I was sitting there watching them do their thing (Garrett is quite the little chef) and thought, this is all there is for me right now, in this moment. I ran to get my camera because I didn't want to lose this feeling.
(Removed for Publishing)

#2 with 20 votes - Daydreaming After School

This day I picked Garrett up from school and he wanted to wait for Daddy outside. When Daddy got home they wrestled in the front yard and then layed down and started daydreaming. I take these opportunities to practice my picture taking and just got this shot by happenstance! (Not sure if that is a word)

#3 with 18 votes - Loving Kitty

We live in a zoo. Four animals -2 dogs, 2 cats. Bless those cats, they are SO good with Garrett. He loves to love his cats. It's gotten to the point where they just brace themselves and let him love them. He really is being gentle but only as much as a toddler can be!

#4 with 17 votes - Bath Time

I had bathed Garrett and he wanted to play so I got up to I think answer the phone and Mitch called me in to look at Garrett and get my camera. This is what we saw. I think the look on his face says it all.

#5 with 16 votes - Waiting for Popcorn

I love popcorn, my Mom loves popcorn and so does my son. I've been teaching Garrett all the buttons to push to "make" his popcorn. Of course I'm right there with him but it makes him feel like a big boy. So, here he is waiting for his popcorn to be ready.

#6 with 15 votes - Brushing Hair

We keep Garrett's hair longer so we've been teaching him to brush his hair. We will catch him randomly practicing in the bathroom. Testing my memory here but there was a night I was at a Mom's Night Out Dinner and Mitch told me that after bath Garrett was brushing his hair to be handsome for Mommy. So, I really wanted to get a picture of this simple act.

#7 with 12 votes - Superman Wiped Out

He has been running errands in his Superman costume lately and not napping on the weekend. So when we ran to Target to cash in some Tokens (post coming soon) and he just wiped out on the way home it was completely ordinary. When we parked at home I ran inside, grabbed my camera and got the shot.

My pick with 7 votes - Independent Play

Garrett is an only child and frequently plays very well by himself. This was just one such day. He had gotten his toys and layed them out in arena fashion and was reading a book to them. The floppy hat has been a favorite for about a year & a half. It started as a cowboy hat but really looks like a gardening hat now!

I stayed up last night and sent them off to Simple Scrapbooks last night. Thanks again!

lovemon

6 comments:

Lee said...

What great choices!

saner4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
saner4 said...

Great choices. It was so hard to choose because there were so many good ones!
On a side note, I went to Costco yesterday and bought The Last Lecture. I saw an interview with Randy last year and his words have stuck with me. I decided to read this book as a family at night before bed. (My ds is 15 and dd 13). We've done this one other time (since my kids hit the teen yrs) with The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.
Thanks for the inspiration!
xxx Lisa

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Good luck with your photos. I hope it goes well for you. I like the previous poster's idea to buy The Last Lecture and read it to her kids. I'll have to check Sams for it - our local library has about 160 people ahead of me on the reserve list. I think I'll just bite the bullet and buy it. Thanks for the recommendation.

BPS classmate

Lori said...

What?! I won?! I've never won anything except for the black gumball at Dairy Queen for a free blizzard (after I had already eaten a blizzard thank you?! what good that did me?)

thekreativelife said...

Totally cool! I'm hoping to see one or more of these in the upcoming SS issue! Keep us posted!