Thursday, August 7, 2008

Finally a Layout!

Last night just before putting Garrett to bed I finally finished this layout Free 2 Play after letting it simmer for about a week in the craft room. I was trying to figure out how to use my transparency in the layout. Anyway, I had every intention of submitting this to Simple Scrapbooks Open Call for Simple Schemes before I went to bed.

Well, I woke up at 4:30AM; guess I fell asleep!! I was a bit bummed that I missed it and for some reason went to check the Open Call Page. The deadline is actually August 12th! Yipeee

Here is the Open Call:

Show us how you’re inspired by this playful scheme created by Melanie Louette. (Pictured here in two popular sizes.)

Here is my version:

The green flips open to hold journaling, the lyrics and a goofy but not great picture of Garrett.

Journaling reads: We were watching Willy Wonka & the scene came where they are entering the chocolate room. While the song was playing all I could think of was how you in this stage of imaginery play embody the words. So here you are along with these words frozen in time. Love Mom

This one was very different for me. I resized all the pictures in PSE6 and layed them out. Did you recognize the Wordle? Having so much fun with that! I just typed in the lyrics and magic I had a word block! I viewed it at full size, hit print screen and then in PSE6 I opened a blank document and pasted. It treated it just like a picture.

After I printed that I struggled a little bit on what to do next because I felt it was already a little busy. So, I used Creative Imaginations, Narratives transparency and cut it into strips. For the first time I used my machine to sew them on the page. A little strange but I think this might be cool. I also used ProvoCraft Alphaletterz for the "2", Stampin Up cardstock and not sure about the striped cardstock. The paperclip is from Staples!!

This took me out of my comfort zone but it was fun.

Off topic - I ran today!!! Yes, only for 3 laps of the 8 and only on the straight aways but I ran!!! I'll let you know tomorrow if I'm still moving.

lovemon



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB! :)
PS- such a cute lo, and memory you made of your son :)

Missy said...

Love that paper clip! The layout turned out very cute!

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Cute layout. Good luck with your entry. I liked how you used some of your favorite photos that you didn't submit.