Friday, August 20, 2010

Show & Tell

This week since we have not been running around like crazy people I've been working with the baby on self soothing & napping in either his crib (not so successful) or the pack and play (better). As a result I've actually been able to finish a layout that has been sitting on my desk since, wait for it, JULY 22.

I was inspired by Lisa Dickinson's challenge to create a 10 minute layout based on her design. As Garrett would say, Mama got distracted. But I'm not worried about it because I'm just so happy to have scrapped!!


Journaling: Before there was the craft store or Target or Toys R Us there was Borders. You & I would make several visits to the kids section & come home with a stack of new books. At a little over a year old you were already an avid reader & book lover. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Love Mom

While I was putting the layout in my most recent album I realized I never shared this one completed months ago. This layout was inspired by Ali Edwards.

Also, thanks to everyone who left comments on this post. Leora I'll be pulling together a box of goodies for you. Please send me a note at withoutfilters(at)gmail(dot)com so we can coordinate!

Leora said...
What a cutie! I am sending vibes. For us, it is the last year of high school. I feel like my son is four years old, but somehow he is driving, has a girlfriend and will be heading off to college this time next year. Sigh! Enjoy all the moments ahead...

August 16, 2010 11:51 PM

I hear the baby stirring which means our successful morning nap is quickly coming to a close. If he naps well again I may just double post today!!

lovemon

4 comments:

Barb said...

I love your new layout, Mon! What great photos and a lovely way to tell your story. :)

wendy b. said...

Hi! I love your layouts...can you possibly tell me what you are using to hold them up? Thanks!

Monica McNeill said...

wendy b. - I believe they are called pin frogs and they are used in floral arrangements. I got mine at Michaels with all the flower arranging items & they were fairly inexpensive.

Monica

Lori said...

i see me in the christmas layout! i'll say it once and i'll say it again....you are so talented, friend!