Friday, June 8, 2012

Project Life: Week 11

Project Life Weekly Share 

This was a week where I didn't have any 4x6s to tell our everyday stories. I think I've had enough content every week this year, even when life is crazy and memory keeping isn't on the top of mind, is due to the Instagram app. I always have my phone with me and the app makes my pictures fun.

MMcNeill WK11 1a 

 Happy to tell some stories that were not driven by my pictures this week.

MMcNeill WK11 1b 

All the pictures from Mitch & Garrett's Spring Break Camping trip (except for the Instagram's in the bottom left corner) are from Mitch's iPhone. I sent my guys off with my old Canon Rebel but it turns out they never took it out of the camera bag. :) Again, thankful for the iPhone. I was impressed with the quality of the pictures but do admit to playing with them a little bit in post processing. 

My general rule for post processing in my Project Life album is that I don't. I choose not to spend my time on this step so 90% of my pictures are straight out of the camera. But with these I was printing in collages to get the 3x4 size so I was already editing when I decided to play with them.


MMcNeill WK11 1c MMcNeill WK11 1d

Garrett took that picture of my husband with a fish. I think it is so cool that he is old enough to hand a camera over too. Hope his interest in photography continues and grows.

MMcNeill WK11 1e 

The Dallas Bloom card is a fold out card with long journaling inside. When I have a series of pictures in an insert this is my favorite way to include the journaling for all the pictures.

MMcNeill WK11 1f MMcNeill WK11 1g MMcNeill WK11 1h

One of my go to techniques to bring together pockets that tell one story is using the same patterned paper in both pockets. The green card is a filler card but I used it to share a tidbit about Travis in the belly without feeling like I have to journal more than I needed to or embellish the card more than I wanted to.

This week Owen's bedtime routine was something I kept thinking about as we quickly approached a period where someone other than his parents might have to put him to bed if we went into labor. So glad to have the routine documented as it has already changed a little bit. 

The lower right hand corner is one of my favorite pictures from pregnancy and is a great example of an instance where I feel like the picture stands alone and doesn't need extra journaling.  

MMcNeill WK11 1i

Becky Higgins Products Used:

Products from my Stash Used:
American Crafts: Foam Thickers, Sprinkle Thickers 
Studio Calico: January 2012 Kit
October Afternoon: Mini Market Stickers (Indigo & Cream, Teal & Black, Pine & Cream)
Sassafras: Alpha Stickers
Making Memories: Panorama Alpha
Manilla Tag

Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful weekend.

Monica

No comments: