Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A First

Last night we took Garrett to his first live Aggie experience, a basketball game.



As usual he was completely overwhelmed with the new experience.

I am learning that it takes him awhile to process the unfamiliar. I am learning that this apprehension is not indicative of his enjoyment of the new experience. I am learning that this is just another one of the little things that makes him uniquely him.


By the time the second half came around all apprehension was gone & there was only joy. His favorite was the cheering. My favorite was the glee we shared both yelling Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa while the opposing team was shooting free throws. I will forever remember the twinkle in his eye and the crinkle of his mouth. That moment will forever become part of my heart.


It also made my heart sing seeing Garrett in his father's arms giving a round of high five's with a good friend of ours. I know that this is one of the most imperfect pictures but it so magically captured the energy of last night that I'm in love.

Moments like these have me praising the Lord for blessing me with such a beautiful family.

lovemon

2 comments:

Barb said...

Thank you for making me smile. :)

April said...

oh, chills (and tears in my eyes). Monica, I'm always amazed at how pure and heartfelt your journaling is about your family; the lessons you've learned and the things you love :-)