Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Musings

and some Crafting Goodness.

I'm happy to report that we had a wonderfully lazy, relaxing weekend around here.

I decided on Friday night that I am ready to try my hand at submitting again. After the heartbreaking news of Simple ceasing publication I just wasn't motivated. Simple was my nirvana; I needed some time to grieve.

I've been buying the other magazines on the stands to see if anything else feels like me. I'm liking Scrapbook Trends and was overjoyed to see both Celeste Smith and Lisa Dickinson's work in there. I've begun subscribing to Studio Calico in part to soak up Tina Cockburn. Of course, I'm haunting the Simple ladies blogs to soak up all of their goodness. Have you visited Angie's new home? If not she's at Yeah, Write.

Long story short, this weekend I worked on a call for pet pages over at Scrapbook Trends that was due last night. I sent in Fat Cat and these others. It felt good to get back on the horse.



We had a bit of a scare last night with a call at 11PM. It is never good when your phone rings that late. I saw my Dad's phone number and held my breath as I said hello. Thank goodness all's well that ends well.

Today Garrett & I will be taking some time to go visit my Grandmother for the afternoon. Last night was a very loud & clear announcement from the universe that I need to do a better job of making time for those I love.

Have a wonderful start to the week and do me a favor. Reach out to someone that you should be checking in more often on and tell them that you love them.

lovemon

4 comments:

StudioB said...

Love hurts ~ the expression on that cat is priceless. Great layouts.

Sherry said...

Love the Love Hurts layout. Made me laugh right out loud. Thanks for the reminder about our loved ones. Why is it that we often let so much time pass and need something to "startle" us into action? Thanks!

Lee said...

So glad you submitted! The "Love Hurts" is a hoot. Thanks for the reminder to call loved ones. And, of course, for the much needed kick in the pants, yesterday :)

Tracy Kosofsky said...

Awesome layouts!! I also laughed out loud at the Love Hurts layout and I'm so glad you decided to submit again!