Thursday, December 4, 2008

My favorite Christmas song

as an adult.



Perhaps it is my status as a mother of a young boy that has this song resonating with me to my core.

I've been talking alot with Garrett that it is going to be baby Jesus' Birthday. On our calendar in the playroom we've put a heart on both Garrett & baby Jesus' Birthday. Garrett even had me put a star on Christmas because it is Baby Jesus' Birthday Party.

I am deeply touched when I reflect on the relationship of our Savior and his mother. To think, Jesus went through many of the stages our own children do and grew to be the man who died for our sins.

He had a mother, a woman who loved her son as deeply as we all do. Can you even imagine? When I do, my heart aches for her and this song has the ability to move me to tears.

And because I must give credit where credit is due.  This post is inspired by a prompt from my class The Gift of Words, taught my Amy Sorensen over at Big Picture Scrapbooking.  Class just started today and its only $10. You should really check it out!

lovemon

No comments: