Friday, December 5, 2008

I Am

a Dreamer.

In my core I know that dreams are an important component of a fulfilled life no matter our age.

One of the definitions of dream offered by Webster's Dictionery is "a strongly desired goal or purpose" and this is probably what comes to mind when I say dream. But did you know that right next to that definition is this definition "something notable for its beauty, excellence, or enjoyable quality" and that is what comes to my heart when I say dream.

In celebration of my dreams I would like to share some of my favorite quotes on this subject.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Dreams are the touchstones of our character. - Henry David Thoreau

Like dreams, small creeks grow into mighty rivers. - Unknown

Dreams come a size too BIG so we can grow into them. - Josie Bissett

Follow your bliss. - James Campbell

Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It's our goal in life to find it and keep it lit. - Mary Lou Retton

Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead. - Louisa May Alcott

lovemon

2 comments:

thekreativelife said...

Thanks so much for sharing these great quotes. I especially like the last one. ;)

Just a Simple Gal - Judy in Huntsville - AL said...

Follow your dreams! Loved seeing some of your work in Simple! My mouth was watering as I read your journaling about pickles! Judy in huntsville [bps]