Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lessons Learned

My new class, Design Your Life, started last week. This is my 3rd three month class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking and I continue to be impressed.

I think this is the largest class I've been enrolled in. I believe the last count was 1,700 students. One of the new aspects of this class is that there is an option for constructive critiscm from your classmates.

Because I wasn't 100% sure about my balance in "The Story Of Today" layout I put it out there for input. What resulted were 2 more versions of the layout based on feedback and a final version that was more me.


The Original

The Redo

The Second Redo

The Final

I'm not sure I'll do that again simply because I do not have the time to create one layout four times! I'm pleased with the feedback I received because I do believe there is improvement from the original to the final. But seriously, I just can't have four versions.

So, I'm going to get started on my assignments and focusing on learning the design principles as taught by Cathy Zielske.

lovemon

No comments: