Saturday, October 11, 2008

In Thanksgiving

Have you had a week where you absolutely know what your blessings are but you aren't feeling them? When I'm in this strange place and I find myself feeling my blessings again I hang on for dear life.

I'm discovering the best way for me to do that is to give it away. So, yesterday morning I made a small loaf of Humingbird Bread for my family and three more for good friends in our neighborhood.

Once Garrett woke up, he & I delivered these little presents in thanksgiving for our friendship.



I think it is so important to celebrate our friendships and connections in life. There are times in all of our lives where these connections are the difference maker. We need each other.

Earlier in the week my best friend shared the sorrow of a family she knows and I was just sick with grief. A mother was overwhelmed with the circumstances of her life and in desperation made a tragic decision that ended her life and the lives of her daughters. My heart hurts for the family left behind. I cannot even begin to understand their grief.

But what I can do, what we can all do, is reach out to those who touch our lives and let them know how appreciated they are.

This tragedy has once again reminded me that we all need each other and sometimes we need to hear we are needed. We need to hear we are loved. We need to hear we make a difference. We need to be reminded in these chaotic times that people care about one another.

I ask you to take a little bit of time this weekend to let someone know they are special, loved, appreciated, making a difference.

Something I have not done a good job of is saying Thank You to you guys, my blog readers. You rock and make my day.

Right or wrong I am validated because you keep coming back to check in on my life. Somedays, that is a difference maker for me.

Those of you who cheer me on with your comments truly lift me up. You have no idea how much that means to me. You give me the strength to strive to live my life authentically.

lovemon

No comments: