Friday, August 29, 2008

Meet the Bad Guy

Posting this layout inspired by bedtime earlier this week. More for me than anything else really. Maybe someday Garrett will be able to relate when he is a parent.

Journaling reads "Tonight we battled which is actually happening more often these days than I would like. I respect & celebrate that your opinions are getting stronger & your voice getting louder. However, one of my jobs is to set boundaries, guidelines – yes rules – for you to follow. This often means I have to be your bad guy. I just want you to know that this is not my favorite part of parenting but will probably have the most lasting impact. Tonight it weighed heavy on my heart to hear you crying but I hope you not only remember the importance of following rules set for us but also that even when we battle this bad guy will always hold you tight to make sure you know you are loved always."

lovemon


1 comment:

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

I'm sorry you had a hard day. Yesterday was a hard mommy day for me too. I guess sometimes those just happen and it doesn't mean that we're really the "bad guy." It just feels like it.