Friday, August 8, 2008

My Creative Mojo

Today I'm sharing this fantastic quote by a lady I share a birthday with, well with a century & change in between.

“Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success.”

—Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888), novelist

Stacy's post today which asks you to think about how you are fueling your creativity reminded me of the above quote. She asked what is working, what is holding you back, what do you wish you could do and why are you NOT doing it?

In this age of multitasking and blending work life balance this quote from another century may seem odd. Since I am on my quest of finding a way to make it all work - healthy marriage, motherhood, working outside the home, chasing my dreams, growing as a person this really struck a chord. Especially since the whole multitasking, blending work life balance was NOT working for me.

The last few months I've really used this thought as a guide post and I think it has alot to do with finding my creative mojo again.

"Have regular hours for work & play" Yes, I work outside of the home but that doesn't mean my playtime shouldn't be dedicated as well. I've tried to do something everyday connected to my craft or focused on my family.

"Make each day both useful & pleasant" I try not to have days where I feel as though it was a waste and I'm trying really hard to insert joy into everyday.

"And prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well" I've been trying to use my time on only those things that I value and that is unique to each of us. It really doesn't bother me that the wreath on my door is from Winter although it may drive my neighbors crazy.

With that I'm going to leave this somewhat unfinished and unedited to go spend some time with my husband.

lovemon

No comments: