Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Home Again

Garrett, his children & I spent the day at home again because he is still fighting his bug. Since he has a limited diet, due to nurses orders, we went through 2 Pedialite's and one box (not sleeve) of Saltines by lunchtime.

I talked to the nurse again today and apparently they expect that this would take several days to run through his system and there is nothing we can do except wait. And while waiting, he is contagious!

For a brief moment Garrett felt like Spiderman but after a bathroom run he opted to get back into his PJs and take it easy on the couch.



While we were on the couch watching Disney and Noggin most of the day, I was triaging pictures and came across one that I loved but wasn't a "great" picture. Inspired by Ali Edwards series this week I felt brave enough to try my hand at using digital brushes. I must admit, I am in love with the result!

I muddled my way through PSE6 and created this 8.5x11 layout. The "Am I", "or is this a little boy?" and the text box are the Futura Lt font. The "Am I" and "or is this a little boy?" are an overlay layer. The "seeing things" is a brush from Ali Edwards and the date stamp at the bottom is a brush from Katie Pertiet both available at Designer Digitals.

The cool thing is, I do believe this qualifies as a layout for Stacy's Challenge #3 which is dedicating your journaling to someone you love.
Prompted by today's quote, "I can live for two months on a good compliment." by Mark Twain and James 3:5, "Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark." (NIV), I am reminded of a great post over on Proverbs 31 on July 1st regarding the importance of building one another up with our words.

So, I would like to say thanks for the comments that grace this little blog every now and again. It may not be of any significance to you but the power of a compliment is amazing; it can truly make someone's day.

lovemon

1 comment:

Missy said...

Sorry to hear that the poor little guy is so sick! Let us know if there is any way we can help!