Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Project Life: Week 14

Project Life Weekly Share 

Continuing with the Project Life Posting Marathon here is Week 14.

MMcNeillJune1a 

I am a subscriber to Studio Calico Kits and I love when they include advertisements for new lines in my kit box. The upper right hand 4x6 slots is just that. I love having this as it is a timesaver and gives me a peek at the great lines coming up. Usually I cut them down and use in a 3x4 slot but this time I just backed with some Kraft to create a journaling spot.

I fought with the title "Texas Tornado" for a long time and found my letter stickers and stamps were either too small or large. So, I got brave and used my Cameo :) Loved how it turned out. This is a fold out card and all my journaling about the crazy day is inside.

On this layout I saved myself a good bit of time by using the core kit journaling cards. I find when I layer on an Instagram picture they really don't need anything else. If I have only journaling to add I usually pull a more graphic card.

MMcNeillJune1b 

To journal about Owen's obsession with Lion King I used a filler card that could be oriented either way and took advantage of the white space.

MMcNeillJune1c 

Here I incorporated my blog post about pregnancy at 38 weeks. The journaling was heavy and I knew it would take both the front & back of my 6x12 insert. To incorporate the pictures that went with the post I trimmed down Design D. I really like how this feels like a layout.

MMcNeillJune1d MMcNeillJune1e

With so many inserts I didn't want full cardstock blocks for my blog post in the 6x12 insert. So, I cut down the cardstock and mounted on a transparency.

MMcNeillJune1f MMcNeillJune1g MMcNeillJune1h

To create journaling spots on the patterned paper I used Washi tape.

MMcNeillJune1i MMcNeillJune1j MMcNeillJune1k

Once again using the core kit journaling cards saved time and gave me the perfect little spots for longer journaling and instagram pictures.

MMcNeillJune1l

Becky Higgins Products Used:

Products Used from my Stash:
American Crafts: Thickers
Ali Edwards Long Journalers
October Afternoon: Mini Market Alphas
Martha Stewart: Glue Pen
Studio Calico: May 2012 Kit, Butterflies, Stamps
Sassafras: Cardstock Stickers
Basic Grey: Micro Mono Stickers Alpha
Pebbles: ABC Mini Stickers
Washi Tape
Glitter

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Monica

No comments: