Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's Been

a wild week so far. On Sunday morning as I opened my eyes I felt & heard a pop in my neck. We were guessing it was just a crick in my neck but when the pain had me in tears in the afternoon we made a trip to the urgent care.

Turns out I had a neck strain & muscle spasms. I have never felt more ridiculous in my entire life. How does one, while sleeping, tear the muscles in her neck. Ugh. I kept thinking of all that was on my to do list and was even more upset with myself. Luckily, I have wonderful people around me and have been able to fully rest & recooperate the last few days.

I am slowly reentering the real world today since I can fully rotate my head & drive!! But before I head out on my great adventure of leaving the sofa I wanted to share a bit of happiness. I've had my very first article published in the November issue of Scrapbook Elements at Ella Publishing.

I've shared the below layout & three of my tips to keep scrapping during the holiday season. I frequently get asked by close friends how I fit it all in & these three tips are just a bit of what keeps me going.

A huge thank you to my dear friend Lee, who helped me out contributing layouts to my article. This teaming let me focus on the words, which I really needed to do since this was my first ever go at writing an article!!


I've got another project that will be up at Ella soon and I'll be sharing more of the project here once it goes live.

I'm looking forward to a bit of a calmer week. Here's to yours being great!

lovemon

8 comments:

April said...

i'm so glad you're feeling better. Hope your re-entry to the real world goes well today!

Lee said...

Such a relief to know you're feeling better, I'm sure you're more relieved than I am! It was an honour to help you out with that article. It is WONDERFUL, you are a lovely writer.

Anonymous said...

Finally got a chance to read the article - great job. I hope that all is well with the neck - take it easy.

Kim said...

Congratulations on your first article! I loved it, and your layout is awesome! Looking forward to seeing your next project at Ella.

I'm glad your neck is getting better, too.

Jayne said...

Ouch! Glad you are feeling better!

thekreativelife said...

Ooooo . . . so glad you're feeling better.

And CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! Can't wait to see more of your wonderful layouts and your writing . . . just FABULOUS!

sharyncarlson said...

Wow - I absolutely LOVE this layout! Congrats on being published :)

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Glad you're feeling better! Congratulations on having an article, that's great!