Friday, June 12, 2009

Remember Me?

I'm the gal who used to be a regular blogger. I do apologize for not being in blog land consistently lately.

I think the best description for life since I came back from the Cape is treading water. It's been strange. I've been moving but not really going anywhere. So even though we've been busy, crazy busy, I feel as though I've been very still. I know, an oxymoron.

The last two weeks I added carting Garrett to swim lessons to my daily schedule. He goes four consecutive days a week right after I get off of work. We get home just in time to eat and do the bedtime routine. I'm shocked at how this one little addition has completely changed the dynamic of our afternoon.

As a Mom who works full time outside of the home the afternoon is really the only downtime we have together during the week and I miss it sorely.

I'm a crazy lady for signing him up for two more weeks of swim but he is making such great progress. This week our time shifted up a half an hour so it makes it a bit crazier right after work but I felt like we are able to breathe a little bit more before bedtime.

I do love my little fish...


While G has added swimming to our schedule, Mitch added regular practice sessions at the driving range to the family schedule. For those that don't already know he is an avid golfer. However, we are making time in our life for him to start chasing some of his dreams. I am so proud of him for his dedication to something he loves.



The time I've had to myself has not been spent crafting. In fact, I've pretty much neglected the Scrap Cave lately.

I have been filling my creative reserve with reading! I am absolutely enjoying Katherine Center right now. I finished The Bright Side of Disaster on my trip to the Cape.

I highly recommend it for a quick fun read. On the plane I was not only wiping tears off my face but I was also bursting out in laughter. Here is a little excerpt from the book as seen on her blog.




I just finished Everyone is Beautiful this morning on the elliptical machine and loved it as well. Here is a little trailer for the book also found on her blog.




This summer marks three years back in Dallas and in our home. It hit me recently that we lived in Kentucky the same amount of time and practically renovated that home in that short period. However, we have pretty much done nothing to this house even though it needs the work. So, I have focused some of my creative energies on the house.

We moved Garrett into a new bedroom last week and I will certainly share pictures once we wrap up this weekend. I thought I had all these great shots of G painting his room but when I uploaded them I realized I forgot my ISO was on 100 from shooting outside at swim lessons and I really have no good shots. I kept a few bad shots and still plan on scrapping them at some point.

This week I started personal training sessions and a serious committment to the gym. I was scared out of my mind to go but it turned out to be not so scary. This morning I did the full workout and lets just say right now I question my ability to walk.

I plan on crafting again & starting back up my regular posts so please keep checking in!

lovemon

6 comments:

Lee said...

YAY.

:)

purpledaisy said...

so glad you're back...i find myself checking in everyday at least 5 times a day to see if you posted anything...its become second nature to me. :)

Anonymous said...

We need to get Chris and Mitch on the golf course sometime.....looking forward to cropping.

Sherry said...

You HAVE been very busy! You will not regret one bit of those swim lessons. I know what you mean about having some down time though. Hang in there. =]

Katherine Center said...

Thank you so much for posting about my books! What a treat to see the videos here, too! I'm so glad you enjoyed the books. Welcome back!

shirley said...

Hey there! Great to see your posts again! It may seem crazy now, but swimming is such a required life skill - great to see how he is progressing. I just started Everyone is Beautiful and am really enjoying it.