Friday, April 3, 2009

Caution

I've been up for 15 hours on 3 hours of sleep....

Continue reading at your own risk; I'm just saying.

I was touched & bummed at the same time today. My ever so thoughtful and fantastic intern on my engagement told me that she went to The Paper Source yesterday to try to buy me the mug I broke earlier in the week. How sweet is that? Unfortunately, the store is not carrying it anymore. I checked online and there is a new version.......

I'm just not loving the new colors. And for me, loving the mug really makes the coffee. So, I think I may go with this one instead


Today was the day we called the project I've been managing DONE. I'm so excited to get my normal, balanced, crafty life back. Had a great meeting today with the client and a job well done feels so good.

The day has turned out pretty good despite the rude awakening in the wee hours of the morning.

Last night Garrett said to me "Momma, can I sleep in jour bed?"

I shook my head "No."

But then he said to me "Momma I love it when I sleep in jour bed" and he sold it with a smile.

He went to sleep and I worked till about midnight with Mitch keeping me company. After three beautiful hours of sleep I woke up to projectile vomit courtesy of my little love. Lovely. Just one of the joys of motherhood. I'm happy to report that he is doing much better.

We've been taking it easy this afternoon and Garrett even felt up to a trip to the craft store where I spent more money than I should have. Let's just call it retail therapy and let it go. The little guy fell asleep on the way home and I'm listening to him breathe right now.

Speaking of right now; catching up on Dancing With The Stars which is one of my favorite shows. It just makes me smile - plain & simple. The dancing is beautiful, the professionals so likeable, and I absolutely admire the celebrities and their committment. I also appreciate I can have it on when Garrett is around. My pick is Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke; they are just FANTASTIC together.

Garrett is rustling so its time to wrap this up. Thanks for waiting for me to return blog readers. I've put Mitch on notice that I will be doing some serious crafting this weekend so stay tuned.

lovemon

1 comment:

Lee said...

YAY, you're back! Now, go get some sleep :)