Friday, January 30, 2009

Stocking Up on Inspiration

As soon as the shock of Simple ceasing publication faded a bit, I went out to the Creating Keepsakes website to order any special issue I had missed out on and could get my hands on.

The layout I created this morning was inspired by this special issue, Scrapbook Shortcuts.


One evening this week while Garrett was playing in the bathtub I asked him a few questions from one of the quizes. I wasn't sure he was old enough to do this little exercise but I was pleasantly surprised.

I didn't feel the need to go and grab my camera because I already knew I had the perfect shot. The picture used in the layout has been living in my storage albums in 2008 Q3. Yet another perk of my storage albums is that everytime I flip through them I am mentally taking inventory.

So, instead of forcing the moment because I needed a picture to go with this memory I just sat there, listened to my little guy and scribbled like crazy. He kept saying "Tell Me Something Else." Now, he thinks this is a game to play. Just LOVE my Library of Memories!



Journaling:

What's the funniest thing Mommy does? Forgets something
What's Mommy's favorite TV Show? Justice League
How tall is Mommy? 100
What is Mommy's favorite thing to do? Crafting
What makes Mommy sad? I take away your kisses
What makes Mommy laugh? Scrapbooking
How much time does Mommy spend on the phone? 15 15
Is Mommy a better driver than Daddy? (Laughs) Yeah
What does Mommy do while you are at school? Working
What should Mommy be famous for? Scrapbooking

I swear I did not coach him at all! This tickled me so much.....

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but I use Pioneer Albums for my storage albums. I have been extremely pleased with them and found a great deal at Costco. You don't have to be a member to order they just add a 5% surcharge to the price. Unfortunately, they are only available online.

lovemon

No comments: