Friday, January 2, 2009

Drawing Inspiration

from Randy Pausch who wrote The Last Lecture.

In his lecture he spoke of a regular dinner conversation he had with his children. In order to learn more about their day he would ask them two questions.

1) What was the best part of your day?
2) What was the worst part of your day?

He said that he learned so much about their day and them in these two responses.

After hearing this we started asking Garrett these questions and it is so much more effective than "Tell me about your day." We've altered them a bit for our preschooler.

1) What made you happy?
2) What made you sad?

When I saw these pretty little journals I knew just what to do with one of them. I'm not much of a journal keeper but I do think I can answer these two questions everyday in 2009. My objective is to look inside myself at the end of the day everyday to gain insight to what makes me tick. Here is to hoping I like what I see!

Just another project for the new year....


lovemon