Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday Weigh In

Beginning: 170.1
Prior:164.2
Current:164.1
Gain/(Loss): (.1)
Total Gain/(Loss): (6)

Moving away from the usual update categories because I need to just be honest.

This last week for some reason I've had a hard time getting my hands wrapped around my life. Maybe its the new project at work where I'm in unfamiliar territory, maybe it was the distraction of Hurricane IKE with family & friends affected, maybe its the fact that Mitch is entering the push of a project and we are eating out more, maybe it was the fact that the weekends I usually guard very carefully to have some stillness had none this past weekend. I don't know for some reason I am not grounded.

And when I'm not grounded I eat. Yes, it is my go to coping mechanism.

While I have not walked at all or have not split big meals in two servings I have listened to that little voice in my head that asks me if I'm hungry.

So, I am focusing on not eating just to eat. And that is improvement for me over the past.

So, today I'm grateful I maintained and honestly, that's what I'm shooting for the next couple of weeks. I don't think my world is going to stop spinning for a bit so I'm just going to hang on and work on maintaining.

This is not a race of weight loss. I'm in this for a lifetime change and I think I have to take my life into consideration to actually accomplish that.

lovemon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great points. It is about attitude and a lifetime of altering the decisions that affect your health. Sometimes just holding your ground is a HUGE step.
Lisa P