Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Chance to Pay It Forward

This morning I read the below on a message board for my Have More Fun class.

Some of you saw my 9-11 layout in the gallery and have left lovely comments. Thank you. My sister is just down right depressed b/c she hasn't heard from her son for weeks.

I emailed her a copy of my lo when I posted it here and here is her response:

Very Nice ! I hope he knows in his mind how much people think about him & that he is not just out of sight out of mind. I miss him so much I can hardly stand it sometimes. Wondering what he is seeing in his daily life there? I know he actually has told us very little in regards to what he has all been through & seen. It's funny I just told Lisa today that when I pray for him I not only pray for his physical well being but his mental well being also. So it was funny reading what you wrote. Thanks for keeping him in your prayers.Love, TI

I called my sister when I got her email and read her Monica's response - she was VERY touched.

So I thought you know I think I will print a copy of all the responses and email them to Gary when he gets back to base. AND HE WILL GET BACK TO BASE! I don't think he's ever been away this long. The nautre of the Green Beret is that they go out in small groups almost never more than 25 at a time and usually much less.

The last time he came back her told her how he didn't have the right kind of tank and got hit by one of those EID's (i think that's what they are called) and he said a wall of fire went over them - he obviously survived but that is when I started to pray he got the supplies he needs. He got the right kind of tank shortly after.

The time before that they were ambushed. He thought for sure his time was up but said he would go out fighting but suddenly out of no where came the airforce and EVERYONE in his unit survivied. He sent back a pic of his truck where a missle went right down the middle but no one was even hurt. He is definitely being looked after!

So if you think it would be FUN to support one of our guys who is on the front line over in Afghanistan leave a comment here I know it will mean a lot to Gary and to his mom! Thanks for reading! Blessings everyone! And a HUGE thanks to those of you who already have!!

By now you all know where I stand on supporting our troops and their family. Gina is a friend of mine and my heart goes out to her sister and her family.

Here is a chance to pay it forward, to say an appropriate Thank You. If you are so inclined, please leave a kind word for Gary's Mom in the comments and I will pass them along to Gina.

This much I know is true, there is more good than evil in this world and that is what gets me out of bed every morning. Let's pass some of that along.

lovemon

3 comments:

thekreativelife said...

I can't say in words, how much I appreciate all the men and women serving to protect, and make life better for those around the world. For this, my family and I send out our deepest gratitude and prayers.

I'll keep Gary and his family in my thoughts and prayers and may God keep them in His loving hands.

Anonymous said...

Every day that I get up and decide what to do - it is by the grace of God and the service of those who are protecting me right now that I have the opportunity to decide. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

saner4 said...

My heart goes out to all deployed soldiers. I was just thinking the other day that I want to make sure our soldiers know they are not forgotten. We support them 100%. I will continue to pray for their safety. Much gratitude and thanks for all the sacrifices our soldiers and their families make every day!