Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday Weigh In

Beginning: 170.1
Prior:166.4
Current:168
Gain/(Loss):1.6
Total Gain/(Loss): (2.1)

Biggest Changes: I was home most of the week with a sick Garrett and just like last week I had more temptation since I didn't make all my food choices at the beginning of the day and pack them to go.

Here's what went well: I'm still posting even though I gained. Ahhhh accountability.... Also, I pushed my chair out of the way in my craft room and the last few days I've sat on an exercise ball while crafting.

Area for improvement: When at home I don't limit my diet sodas. I don't think they are bad but then I really don't drink the water I should. OK- one soda a day, not just one soda at work.

While at home, when I want a snack I go for a handful of some sort of cracker instead of fruit or vegetables most of the time. I need to be more aware of my snacking at home. So, I need to focus, seriously, on the basics. More water, more fruit and more salad.

There was absolutely no activity this week. Why is this so hard for me? I really need to be active at least 3 days in this 7 day period.

Also, we had a lot of carby meals last week but Mitch adjusted our menu for this week.

Confessional: I've made several bad choices this last week.

There were french fries instead of fruit at Chick Fil A, a piece of cake at work, and the most damaging Freebirds, a burrito with lots of yummy bad for me's, last night. Really, a burrito before weigh in??? And yes, that was all me. I could have decided to pick up Chick Fil A for dinner. Yesterday I weighed in just a few ounces heavier than last week. Why did I eat a dinner that was going to stay with me until well into morning!!!!

There are no excuses here, I made bad choices this week and a gain is the result.

See you next week with the monthly picture and if that doesn't get me into gear this week there may not be hope!!

lovemon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. You are thinking more about your choices and that can only lead to better results. I like the exercise ball idea, may have to copy that one. And hey, chasing Garrett is exercise that can be fun!!!
Lisa P

Anonymous said...

What does sitting on the ball do? Not being smarty pants - I have one & never heard of this. I just dusted off my WW journal after reading that writing what you eat helps you lose more. And like Lisa said - hang in there! :)