Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week In The Life, My Plan

Many of you are probably already aware that Ali Edwards has invited us to join her this summer in documenting a week in our lives.





Over the years I have watched others join Ali in her Week in the Life & have wished I jumped in. Even though I'm doing Project Life this year, I still wanted to jump in but was afraid though that the projects would be too closely related. So, I took some time to think about how I could really make this mine and have the two projects have their own unique voice.

I've been watching Elise Blaha's journey of documenting her summer in her fantastic mini album and love the natural mixture of pictures, memorabilia & her handwriting. So, the first thing I did without any other plan was purchase a mini album of hers for my Week In The Life.



028



And then I asked myself was "What has been missing from Project Life?" The kids are definitely in there and while I may not always be pictured it is my voice editing, narrating our story. The presence that is the quietest is Mitch's. I want to see our life through his viewfinder.

I approached him with my crazy idea of having him take pictures for Week in the Life and having this project be from his perspective. God Bless the man, he agreed. I love my husband and am so very excited about this.

This Sunday, when Garrett heard us talking about Week in the Life coming up soon he said "No more picture projects Mom, we already have Project Life and you are a billion behind." We both laughed so very hard.

Despite Garrett's concerns next week Mitch will be capturing his week through photos & words and then the next week I'll be putting it all together. What great fun!

lovemon

11 comments:

Dawn said...

What an awesome idea! Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

ps...I love Elise's mini-books too!

Rachel del grosso said...

Ah. If only my husband would agree to something like this!

Marygail said...

Love that idea! I've always wondered what his perspective on our lives was. Can't wait to see what you've done with WITL :)

Melissa Shanhun said...

So hilarious (re Garretts comment).

I'm doing it for the first time this year - I've got my plan up on my blog is you want to take a look that would be awesome!

http://blog.mshanhun.com/search/label/Week%20in%20the%20Life

Lisa said...

great idea! thanks for sharing!

Bri said...

That is such an awesome idea! I too am incorporating week in the life with my summer book. The thing I love most about scrapbooking are that there are no rules and you do whatever works for you. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Melanie said...

That is a great idea! I know that it will turn out beautiful as all of your projects do:)

Cilenia Curtis said...

Awesome idea! Think I will do this also from my 6 y/o grand-daughter's point of view. :) She is taking pics all the time! lol

purpledaisy said...

saw your tweet...you're going to my hometown wichita! :)

pakosta said...

yay! did he do it?!
I want to see what you put together!
picking my photos up tomorrow to get started on my book!
can't wait to see what you do!
tara

Bed Bug Exterminator Gardena said...

Hello mate greaat blog