Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One Little Word, 2012

At the beginning of the year I settled on Intention for 2012.

1: a determination to act in a certain way : resolve

2: import, significance

3 a : what one intends to do or bring about
b : the object for which a prayer, mass, or pious act is offered

4: a process or manner of healing of incised wounds

5: concept; especially : a concept considered as the product of attention directed to an object of knowledge

6plural : purpose with respect to marriage

I want to cultivate a life that says at the end of the day, every day, no regrets. To me that doesn't mean living a life without mistep. Instead I want to be intentional in everything I do, where I choose to spend my time, where I let my thoughts lead me, the words I say, the people and things I bring into my life, the food I put in my body, all of it. If I can carry with me in 2012 deliberate thought about the life I am crafting, at home, at work, with my children, with my husband, in my spirit then I think I will become a more authentic version of me and that is what I want in 2012.















My hope is that at the end of the year I will be able to look back at this journey and know that each day I kept this at the front of my mind and for that I will be more of an authentic version of myself.

I am loving this quote by Eleanor Roosevelt right now:


"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices
one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The
process never ends until we die. And, the choices we make are ultimately our own
responsibility. "

The beautiful part of life is that in each and every moment we have the opportunity, the gift to shape our life. In 2012 I will take this opportunity and accept this gift.

Monica

No comments: