Monday, March 30, 2009

Frustration

was a word that frequently came to my mind today.

Its fair to say that I've had an off day. I will not inundate you with the details of one mishap after another but will share that my work day came to a close with my FAVORITE coffee mug shattering into 3 pieces.

I took it as a sign that I need to invite creativity back into my life...NOW...because without it I'm just not me.

After I got Garrett from school we headed over to my beloved Central Market to pick up some fresh fruit, veggies and ingredients for dinner. It was such a pretty day that after we loaded the groceries into the car we went to play on their playground. We split a gellato/sorbet mixture and he got to run in the fresh air and I got to breathe. I know its not anything crafty but my spirit soared by simply enjoying a beautiful afternoon, guilt free.

We got home, I cooked a yummy dinner and I spent some downtime with my guys. Later, Mitch & I were watching The Haney Project and I heard this

"Frustration is when unrealistic expectations meet reality."

The show continued but my thoughts stayed there.

Not everyday will be full of grace or happiness but we can put our frustration at bay when we embrace these days as part of our reality.

Here's to a better day tomorrow and an upcoming trip to The Paper Source to replace my favorite mug.

lovemon

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Great post and great quote. So true. Here's to creativity, down time with your favorite people and favorite mugs. =]

Ruth Ayres said...

thanks for sharing this post. it sounds like it was one of those days . . . here's wishing you a smoother day today. sending little prayers your way. :)

Lee said...

GREAT quote and so true. Love the mug, hope you find a replacement :) When you get your new mug we'll have a toast to creativity, and making time for it!

AND, go check out my blog and pick up your award :)

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

That sounds similar to something Dr. Phil says about unmet expectations (which I of course can't remember right now). I broke my favorite mug a few weeks ago, and someone told me to try E6000. Of course, I just broke the handle. I'm not sure E6000 would be food safe if the actual mug part is broken.

thekreativelife said...

Wonderful post. Thank you so much for sharing that quote. I'm learning to deal with frustration, myself. (Thank heavens for my Canon and detours down backroads!) Looking at things through the lens always puts me in a better frame of mind.

Yesterday was MONDAY . . . it just gets better from here. Hope your week is looking up!