Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Crafting Goodness

of the Valentine's Variety

Absolutely inpsired by the great Ali Edwards and her latest Weekend Creative. I'm trying to use what I have this month so my project took a bit of a different twist.

In my stash of chipboard I found this itty bitty board book from Creative Imaginations. You could easily recycle an old children's board book.

I pulled old SEI paper out of my scraps, used Ali's Love Circle Embellishments at Designer Digitals, Rubons from Scenic Route, Adirondack Paint Dabber, and book binding tape from my stash but here is some from Creative Imaginations.

The adhesive I used is from my Stampin Up consultant but this is very similar. My scallop punch is 1 7/8 inch and it could have been a bit bigger for the embellishments.

Warning this is hard to punch. I seriously, no kidding, pulled a muscle in my neck pushing down.... I'm just saying :) This is the first time I've used the Paint Dabber & I'm in LOVE.

I tried to keep this minimal because I was worried about the binding holding up. So, I decided to paint one page and adhere a picture on the adjoining page. Since Garrett is not reading yet I let the rubons & embellishments speak for me. I picked a baby picture, a current picture, a picture with Dad & a picture with Mom. This was a quick project that I finished in an evening.


lovemon

2 comments:

Lee said...

What a great project Monica. And just another reason I have to get a scallop punch!!

Gina said...

This is SOOOO totally cool! I want to do one of these right after I finish the two little "present" albums for my mom . . .