Friday, October 3, 2008

Right Here Right Now

By now you have probably already seen the blog blitz that was started by Stacy Julian this week that I hope is spreading like wildfire. If not, here is what she has asked us to do:

• Snap ten or twelve photos of your life right now. Or find recent photos that you've already taken.
• Compile these photos in one of these super-cute Bazzill Mono-Mini albums
• Keep or carry this album with you, tucked in your purse or desk drawer for one full year.
• Promise to glance through the album every time you stumble upon it or pull it out.
• On October 1st, 2009, create a scrapbook page about your experience.

I realize some of you reading may not be the scrapbook junkie I am but I think this is an awesome, manageable project. For you, here is how to make this quick & easy.

The album: Find a 6x6 or 8x8 album. I'd look for a 6x6 to make this super easy because that is less space to fill. I'll be using the Bazzill album only because I was lucky enough to win one from Stacy's blog.

The pictures: For a 6x6 album I would go with 4x6 pictures and cut down to 4x4. For a 8x8 album you could still use 4x6 pictures cut down to 4x4 or you could use 5x7 pictures.

The journaling: For a 6x6 album with 4x4 pictures I would journal around the picture to make a square border. For a 8x8 album with a 5x7 picture I would journal above and below the picture. For a 8x8 album with a 4x4 picture I would place the picture to either the left or the right and use the empty space to journal. No matter what album you are working with use your handwriting!!

Extras: If your album has an opening on the front you can use that to give the album a title with either a sticker, rub on or typed title in Word. You can also use your first page to show a picture of you (yes you) and journal about why you made this album.

Our lives change so quickly that we forget the tiny, seemingly insignificant details that really make our memories come alive. What is so cool about this project is here is our chance to freeze time today. And if that isn't neat enough here is an opportunity to be mindful throughout the year; to remind ourselves how fleeting this all is and be grateful for our lives. Awesome.....

I would love to show you my album but I haven't made one yet because I am away from my craft room. So instead, here is what we have been up to the last two days.

We've packed our bags.....
Enjoyed white powdered donuts on our way to Austin......

After lunch in Austin with my Uncle we headed to Bulverde to visit Mitch's Grandparents.....
And Garrett got to be up close & personal with a colt......
We made it to San Antonio and swapped swimsuits for clothes...Played in the lazy river.....
Garrett went on his first tube ride......
Lastly, tonight Mommy & Garrett had smores for the first time....
Not pictured are Mitch's round of golf, my jaunt to the local scrapbook store and Garrett's acquisition of his very first Power Ranger. We all equally enjoyed satisfying our addictions.

Right Here, Right Now, my guys have crashed while watching Monster House. We have set our sites on Shamu for tomorrow.

lovemon

No comments: