Monday, August 25, 2008

The Big Wig Bash

Saturday was a day set aside for scrapping thanks to the Big Wig Bash over at Big Picture Scrapbooking who partnered with Key Lime Crops to hold a 30 hour online crop. All week we were given make and take projects from the teachers over at BPS and then the live crop gave us a challenge every hour. Since I'm not a fast scrapper and I was busy last week I didn't get to finish everything but I've saved it all and will be working on the challenges slowly.
As part of Challenge #1 here I am along with Mary & Stephanie, who joined me at home to crop "live", wearing our big wigs.


Monica
Mary
Stephanie

I think my favorite challenge was to use an ad for inspiration because just last week I was flipping through the Crate & Barrell catalog and decided to hold on to it for inspiration.

Here is my inspiration page from the catalog.

Here is the layout I created. It was so much fun scrapping pictures from 2005. So many memories of little Garrett came back.
This challenge was to use strips of paper and I followed the letter of the law but probably not the spirit. I cut three strips from the same paper and put one on top and one on bottom. The third was layed on top of the bottom and raised with pop dots.


I was really excited about this challenge to use a big word. I've been wanting to complete this page for years, which is how long I've had the dinosaur rub-on but hadn't made the page because I wasn't "caught up" to this set of pictures. Goodness, I just love that I now scrap guilt free and finally got to tell this story.



As part of another challenge, I posted a picture of Mitch & my father in law in front of the Louisville Slugger Museum posing with a very BIG bat.

More to come hopefully sometime soon!

lovemon

No comments: