Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Baby, No Baby

Baby

For about two weeks this has opened every conversation between me and my best friend.

A little after 5PM EST today a perfect baby boy, Quinn Jeremiah, joined her family. Congratulations Pam, Quinn and big sister Grace Ann.

Pam, I am in awe that you waited until the delivery room (again) to learn who was joining your family. Honestly, I don't have the restraint and gave you a hard time every chance I got. But here I go on the public record that I was overwhelmed with emotion when Quinn told me it was a boy. I do sincerely apologize for squealing in Quinn's ear. At least I was able to hold back the happy cry until we got off the phone.

This is the second delivery I miss. Last time because of a business trip and an early arrival. This time due to living in different time zones. I'm so glad I was able to hear your voice on the way to the hospital for induction.

You already know this but I'll say it again. Amid the joy my heart is aching I don't get to be by your side. You are such a trooper and I'm so proud of you.

lovemon

June 2007 - Pam & Grace Ann

July 2006 - Pam, Grace Ann, Monica & Garrett

No comments: